Monday, February 14, 2011

Pork and Cheese
My dad served his mission for our church in Brazil many years ago. When I was very little we loved to hear him speak Portuguese. At the dinner table we would beg him to say the prayer on our food in this crazy language that made us laugh. I always thought he was speaking Pork and Cheese. We were at the dinner table so this name sounded right to me. Now here all these years later I am in Brazil trying to learn this crazy language. I have been trying out a few new words here and there, but nobody understands me! I think I may be speaking Pork and Cheese after all!!

3 comments:

  1. i can't imagine trying to learn pork and cheese:)
    so funny you are where your dad served his mission, they need to come and visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still refer to that language as Pork and Cheese because of you. Love that your dad carried his love for the language over to your brothers' middle names.

    By the way, is Jen so jealous that you're living in Brazil? Didn't she go to Fortaleza on her mission?

    I keep thinking of you on this crazy adventure. I hope it's a fantastic experience for your whole fam.

    Lots of love,
    amy lou

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES!!! I am totally jealous every day! She is living the dream in my country and hanging out with my people! I am going there and taking my kids! Todd is just going to have to accept and pay for the $900 tickets and $200 visas or I am sure I am going to die!(thank goodness we already have the $100 passports)

    ReplyDelete