Monday, February 7, 2011

First Day of School
Escola Objetivo
The kids were all very brave. I think I may have been the most nervous. Tim and I went in with them to help find classrooms. The staff was ready and waiting for us. I can only speak to the English teacher, but she is very kind and gave me her phone number if I needed anything. Alison shed a few tears right at first, but they were a lot calmer than I had imagined.

Everyone wears a uniform until you get to high school. They look great and are very comfortable. I think everyone is happy! When I go to pick up the kids they are always surrounded by a big group of friends. Children here love to practice their English!

2 comments:

  1. i think i would be a mess! so nervous to send them off to somewhere where they can't communicate with everyone. this will make your kids so able to adapt to new situations!
    thanks so much for posting, we are thinking about you all the time.
    and yes it is hard for me too to think about being a grandma but we are excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of your kids and their great attitude. What an awesome experience for all of you! Very brave! The uniforms look comfy but Kyle doesn't look too thrilled!

    ReplyDelete