Wednesday, November 30, 2011

THANKSGIVING 2011

On thanksgiving day the kids had school and Tim was at work so we had to celebrate our holiday on Sunday. It was a little sad for me since Thanksgiving is my most favorite holiday. I have never actually cooked a turkey before, but I found one and paid a small fortune for it, but it turned out super!

Pedro gave Tim a quick lesson on the correct way to carve the turkey!

Tim's new boss at work is American so his Family came to our house along with other friends who have lived in the US for many years.

It was a fun time and everyone spoke perfect English which is a real treat for me these days!

It definitely wasn't a grandma Kathy dinner. No cranberry ice cubes and sparkling cider which Alison was very sad about, but we managed.
We miss our families back in the US, but I am grateful for all the good experiences we have had here. I am especially grateful for the easy transition this has been on the kids.
We have much to be Thankful for!!!

1 comment:

  1. i'm so happy you got to have an american thanksgiving with others who miss it too! your turkey looks great, i did my first too. scotty was an hour late getting back from surfing and mine dried out a little but i didn't want to put that on the blog! it was fine!
    kathy and tim are really talking about coming next year and matt wants to come so we'll see!

    ReplyDelete