Monday, November 7, 2011

Friday
I usually love Fridays because it means i have a whole week before my next Portuguese class and Jake does not have early morning Seminary so we get to sleep a little longer. Last Friday I took the kids to school at 7am, picked up my maid at 7:30 and made it to the gym by 8am. I pick up Kyle, Alison, and Tyler at noon, but only Kyle comes home with me because many days the kids have other classes or activities after school. Jake gets out at 1pm and I usually just end up giving them money to eat lunch near the school. My kids love to stay in the city with their friends all day. This always makes me a little nervous. Last Friday was no exception. I got a call from Alison to pick her up at her friends house at 4pm instead of the school because there was a rumor that a man with a gun was causing problems. When I picked Tyler and Jake up from school Tyler was telling me how some man chased him from a store and he had to find a cop for help. Fortunately, there where many cops around because of the unknown gunman!
While I was paralleled parked to get Alison another car swiped my car and ripped off the side mirror. Gotta love Brazil! They didn't even stop!
Just another day in our new life!
I'll save the food poisoning and 4 hours I spent on my bathroom floor for another post!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. OMG! your kids are going to be street savvy by the time they leave there! that is a little scary! i love how you just throw in pick up my maid!! so funny!!

    we wish you were at ellie's blessing too! luckily we have maggie here to have some family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just reading this post makes me want to go on anti anxiety meds!

    ReplyDelete