Tuesday, November 29, 2011

THE BEACH

We had a long weekend from school so we decided to take a trip to the beach.
It was Beautiful!

It actually rained most of the time, but it was warm so we didn't mind!

The water was great and the kids could play in the waves forever.
I get a little stressed out and keep counting heads, but I think the kids had a lot of fun!!!

A little cold at first!

Men come around pushing little carts selling corn. They cut it off the cobb and it's pretty cheap so everyone tried it.

Alison was nice to share with our friends.

I have also been wanting to try the coconut water everyone talks about.

I didn't think it was that great, but it was starting to get cold and the coconut was very cold so maybe I will have to try again.

Everyone ate Pastels also. They are very common in Brazil. It is basically fried dough (very thin) stuffed with all sorts of crazy meats and cheese.

One of the beaches you had to take your car on a ferry to get there so we spent lots of time in traffic.

Once you get parked on the boat you can get out and walk around for a few minutes, but the ride is very quick. This is Alison and Pamela on the ferry.

The boys on the boat ride. Danilo, Tyler, Jake and Kyle.

Tyler buried in the sand!

The GANG!!!

Good Times and Good Friends!


3 comments:

  1. this last picture is AWESOME!!! The city and the reflections in the sand are beautiful. I love seeing pictures of all your adventures. Kyle looks taller and Alli looks too grown up and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of you two lovebirds drinking from a coconut. I tried a coconut like that when I visited Guatemala; it's totally over-rated. So impressed that you cooked a turkey! I'm 40 and have never tried it; I should probably learn.

    Glad you're having a lovely time in Brasil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so funny to just be eating corn at the beach!
    they sell pasteles here too but i can't eat them so have never tried one, that happens a lot!

    ReplyDelete