Sunday, January 30, 2011





Our Adventure Begins!

We arrived at the airport at about 12:30. Tim thought that was ridiculously early. Our flight wasn't until 3:30, but I wanted to have time to let the dogs out one more time to potty:)
When I first came to St. Louis 13 years ago it was Kim and Mark who picked us up and it was Mark who was our Taxi this time also. He made sure all 18 bags and 2 dog crates were in the airport before we said goodbye. It was a sad time. We will miss the Harris family!

Tyler at the St. Louis airport.

One last picture before we begin our journey!
I had planned on taking lots of pictures along the way, but that 11 hour flight was way too long and painful. I'm already trying to block it from my memory :)

We arrived at the Sao Paulo airport sometime the next day with 17 of the 18 bags. I thought that was pretty good odds. Tim would disagree because it was his bag that was lost along the way! I was just grateful it wasn't the one with all the peanut butter and carnation instant breakfast!!
Overall I'm really proud of how the kids have handled such a major transition!

SO FAR SO GOOD!!!!


4 comments:

  1. I am glad they didn't loose your peanut butter! Thank goodness! Tim will be fine in his underwear for awhile till they find his clothes! He might be the one surviving the heat the best with no clothes to wear! I would totally rather be naked with a PB&J then clothed with no PB!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you made it safely!! we all wanted to call you tonight (sun) but we figured out it was 11p.m. there so we didn't do it!
    what a crazy trip, those pictures look so familiar although we came with way less than 18 bags!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 11hours!? How spread out on the plane were all of you?How did the dogs travel with no treat, a chance to doodle or food?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl I like your shirt in these pictures! It makes me smile to see that you like our old stuff and I am so glad that we could share it with you! Its going to be weird to go home in June and not have you guys there but hopefully we will get to visit at some point this summer! Love you all sooooo much and hope that things are going well :)

    ReplyDelete