Wednesday, June 1, 2011

frango inteiro!

I wish I had a picture for this post, but i didn't dare. I asked the maid to make a roasted chicken for dinner tonight. She asked if I meant "frango inteiro"? I said yes! A little later i walked into the kitchen and their were chicken parts on the counter. She proceeded to smash them up and add them to a mixture I can only describe as sand like. It is called Farofa. Then, she stuffed the bird with it! Yuck! I guess fango interio means the WHOLE chicken. In her defense the chicken was great, but no one tried the stuffing! I kept thinking if only Grandpa Tim were here to appreciate this!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, frango inteiro means whole chicken, and yes farofa is a traditional filling. That´s really good you should try. A whole onion stuffed with the farofa inside the chiken is pretty good also.

    ReplyDelete