Friday, February 3, 2012

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today is my dad's birthday!
I love this crazy guy! He taught me many things, but the number one is... Never give up even when life is really really hard!!!
My dad grew up without the stability of a Mom and Dad. He never learned what it felt like to know your family will always be there for you. As a parent he always wanted us kids to feel loved and tried hard to be a better parent than he ever had.
He served a mission for our church in Brazil many years ago. I grew up learning that Brazil was a wonderful country full of loving people. Now I live here in Brazil with my own little family. I feel blessed to be here among the people who showed my Dad such love and acceptance.

Happy Birthday Dad! Because of you I know I can do hard things....

1 comment: